Monday 22 October 2018

Summerlane/locking pit knock up

The match was scheduled for the river but unfortunately the Weston club struggle to get numbers for matches on the river these days!!!! So I came up with the idea of having a silvers only knock up on summerlane/locking pit capped at 15 so there was room for pleasure anglers 😁😁 anyway the knock up filled up within an hour of putting the word. So day before I went and put some peg numbers on locking pit and the scene was set I didn’t really care where I drew but I did fancy the pit for a win!!!! Into the draw late and I pulled peg 2 summerlane it’s a great silvers peg with good history of silvers wins from it but I never do any good off it but with Ron stark on 7 my favourite silvers peg thought I would have my work cut out !!!!
Plan was method feeder short maggot line worm caster and gb at 11m straight in front and micros and expanders same length but at 2 o clock first hour went on tip had 2 skimmers but not the proper ones I was after so had a look on the short maggot line only catching tiny roach moved to 11m and started catching small skimmers but as soon as the sun came over the bushes dazzling my peg the skimmers just buggered off with most people struggling now I decided to get my head down and get a few roach short which helped me out quite a lot but I could see a martin hale getting the odd skimmer on the tip but it was boring waiting for them so I rotated my lines most of the day hoping skimmers would move back in and have a feed but it didn’t happen I did sneak one skimmer near the end between all the plippy roach did have a  couple of better roach and Rudd only 6 oz tho thought I might of had 7 pound come the end and well down in the section and match but at the weigh in was surprised to see the scales go 10.4  which saw me finish 2nd in section behind match winner Martin hale with 11.6 FairPlay to him stuck it out on the tip and it payed off 👍👍👍 round to the other section Thorney was admitting to 10 pound but was grinning like a Cheshire Cat cos he was after my pound !!!! And pulling his fish out looked close but he had a bonus flukey tench the wanker 😂😂 and beat me by 4 pissing ounces to take 2nd overall. See all that practice pays off mate not 😂😂😂 the other lake struggled with paul Swain won with 9.2 just piping Wayne staples by 1oz and sensas sam struggled for 6 pound 😂😂 tough day all round but a good crack with the lads on me local 👍👍👍


Quite happy I got the section by default as mrs txt me saying we have to get chippy for tea as she forgot to take the joint out freezer so I better win was her words 😂😂😂 oh had another little dabble at sea fishing again Thursday night low tide anchor head with my boy hour and 45 mins fishing time as he was tired 💤 and he had a nice lil strap conger bless him I thought this would want him to stay for longer but oh no he’d had enough 😂😂😂😢😢😢 
So off we trotted saved the blank 😂😂
Thanks for reading hope everyone had a great weekend 👍👍👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment