Thursday 28 December 2017

Goodiford knock up

So was invited to a small knock up at goodiford mill capped at 10 by shaun larkham I thought yeah sound ok I’ve never fished it and herd it was black with fish so thought I would give it ago. 
Then the 10 names started dropping like flies then the organiser 😱😱😱 too much drama πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚never mind I need a day out I tried to re fill it but was too short notice so any way we ended up with 7 of us spread around the whole lake I pulled 42 out of my hat next door to Chris zacks good bit of banter and a pound side bet was in order also a pound with steve Howell and diver with jonny page.
Plan was fish bomb and bread around peg. Gb and mag line 11m at 12 o’clock and 2 o’clock then maybe later small hybrid feeder with a wafter with some Manila micros yum yum!!!
First hour me and Chris were chucking around the bread to no avail and it looked like a blank was on the cards😭😭😭😱😱😱 so I potted in a small helping of my favourite gb mix at the moment for silvers which is tom thick’s intelligent and sensas black lake with some mags I had bites instantly tiny roach gudgeon I had a good Rudd and a good perch and a couple of blades stayed on this 2 and half hours also landed a small carp. Then decided to go back to van to get my vape juice so I could smoke chris out !!πŸ˜‚and the scales chatting to a few everyone was struggling and roughly had the same on passing Martin hale he just slipped a carp in his net and on the way back another one I noticed he was using gb feeder with a pink wafter which I also had on my side tray πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”while I was gone chris said he had a carp 6 or 7 pound so I was behind now get the hybrid out and get your head down I thought Chris kept plodding away on his caster line catching some better stamp roach than what I could catch and foul hooking a couple of carp (sure he was using trebles) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚anyway after some good banter with Chris my tip started going round and in the last hour put 5 or 6 small carp in the net at the weigh in I had 4 .10 of silvers and 23 of carp giving me 27,1o lovely enough for the win Chris managed 2nd with 17 pound it was a good day with a few bites. Shame the other lads couldn’t make it. It was a bit cold but no ice in the lake not a breath of wind lovely day so took the money the side bets and headed home stopping off for a lovely fish supper from papas yum yum. Hope everyone had a great xmas and have a good new year thanks for reading πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

No comments:

Post a Comment