Sunday 8 January 2017

2nd match this year

Well today was a silver fish only match as an invite only at a non publicity water in Somerset. So the banter started straight away soon as I pulled up with Jonny page and ray bass gagging to take a pound of me. The lake was dead still water quite clear but the weather looked good. So in to the draw I've pulled out 19 not too bad as I have won the silvers from this peg in the summer with plenty of depth in front I wanted a simple match today as had a tough week so just set one rig up which I could fish 2 spots at 11m one at 11 o clock and 2 o'clock. At the all in I was just about ready so I put a small helping of micros with a couple of expanders in for good measure and went in didn't have a sniff on it so changed to double white maggot and the float buried straight away with an angry carp giving me the run around for 10 mins I slipped the net under a plump 12 pound gohstie then snap goes my landing net cheers. So after 5 mins sorting spare handle cad potted some casters in and fished double caster over the top bout 20 mins passed with not an indication then out of nowhere nice bream around 3 pound mark went in the net thank god as jonny page was bagging and titch to my right was playing his second carp on the wag 😂so tried to get in a rhythm and get a few more but nothing was happening was trying everything a few chopped worms went in and a worm head and caster on the hook and I had another skimmer about a pound ish I then struggled putting the odd tiny roach and skimmer in the net and the last hour didn't have a bite except one greedy carp that came in after I splashed a pot of pellet and caster In from height and a second splash of water from height was just trying anything for a bite by this time titch managed to get a couple of skimmers and some small stuff between him catching carp thought he had caught me up.quite a few packed up early and didn't weigh in the end jonny page ran away with it weighing 22lb I scraped a pick up of £20 quid for 5th in the match with 5.02 pound jim 4th with 5.08 Andy 🇫🇷 3rd with 12 pound Ron stark 2nd with 13 pound and pagey winning off the flyer as usual !!!! But a good day was had by most bit of laugh at shane pope who blanked ray bass had to give me pound as did mark one roach Thorne and Wayne staples!!! And I passed one on to deserved winner jonny page. Peace out and tight lines to all roll on summer !!!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment