Sunday 1 January 2017

Hls club match 01.01.17

Today was the 1st match of the year for me decided to go and fish hls match at sedges. When I turned up usual bit of banter goin round cup of tea from Denise and she drew the golden pegs 5 and not sure of other one I said I'm gonna draw it today and that I did peg 5. When I got to the peg no wind looks lovely I plummed up at 14.5m slightly to an angle and again at 11m straight at the horn I put in quarter cup of micros and a 4 4mm expanders and thought il leave that for a while went on bomb and bread getting the odd liner as I slurped me coffee then twitch and a drop back lifted up and a nice lil skimmer around 2lb bargain so chucked it out again and not a lot happened by this time I was itching to go on the 14.5m line so first put in 5 quiet minutes passed and then float buried and then I netted a carp just over 8lb.so back in again with a small cad pot of micros and 2 expanders another quiet 5 mins then float goes again tiny skimbob 3oz ish from then on in I struggled the wind was pushing through hard and I could hardly hold pole so came shorter still couldn't hold it so back on the bomb and not a lot happened except I got very cold and wet I had a lil brawl with me brolley !!and decided to pack up there were quite a few who had enough I almost tipped my nets back but thought no never tip back and how right I was so loaded van and back for the weigh in I had 2.1 of silvers and 8.2 carp giving me not a lot 😂 so on with the weighing not a lot was caught till round the other side a chap had 8lb of skimmers to take the silvers then ninja Eric had around 50lb of carp and beardsy in the corner had 27lb ish of carp so I still managed a pick up 2nd on silvers £20 for all my efforts bargain but did have to give big mouth beards a nugget 🙁🙁 all good fun and a lil bit learnt towards silver series starting end of Jan. I'm new to this blogging lark but read a few other peoples and thought I'd give it ago thanks for reading and tight lines to all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Aspen Park Road,Weston-super-Mare,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment