Sunday 29 January 2017

sedges silver series rnd 1

Thought today was gonna be hard what with rain we had last night plus temps been up and down a bit this week. So I arrived at the fishery jonny page saying he was gonna take a pound off me. Cup of tea and into the draw I wanted tile lake but no I pulled out 13 brick unlucky for some. Got to my peg passing a not best pleased Jon fuidge who wasn't happy to see me rock up next door!!!!!
Anyway order of the day 2 lines gb and pinkie 11 o clock at 13m (I can see again went to specsavers)and micros and expanders at 1 o'clock the pinkie line I used a drennan as5 1g pencil float to o.10 mainline to 0.08 bottom with a 18 drennan maggot hook.On the pellet line as6 bodied 1g float with same main line and bottom and 18 pellet hook.
I also set the tip up gb feeder 12 inch hook length 18 hook.
At the all in I put a pot on my 2 lines. And then chucked the feeder out managed 2 lil skimbobs on that  in the first hour but not much else. After 2 cups of coffee and a few haribos! Let's get on the pellet line  sat there biteless for 10 mins or so kept switching to the gb line and not a lot was happening except I was getting pretty wet! Any way I sat it out on the pellet line just cad potting a few expanders and a few micros here and there and had a proper skimmer a right knobbly old boy never the less very welcome as I could see next door and further down people having a few this died really so big potted in and had another skimmer yeah bring it on I thought next put in float buried carp doh bloody great thing I teased it in the net then as I tried to unhook it it decided to roll around and snap my rig cheers mr carp.so big potted some micros in again and some gb on the other line and chucked the tip out while sorting rig out had a lil skimbob again then it came off at net cheers. Back on pellet line nothing was doing yet so back to the gb and pinky line float buried out of the blue but only a small roach as reward then bite less . I was really struggling into the last hour and a half now concentrate on the pellet line so put my small extension on to take me just past the feed and had a nice skimmer straight away I then had a nice little run of 4 skimmers but they got smaller with each bite it was now absolutely chucking it down the light was poor I then bumped one spooked them couldn't get another bite and the horn sounded thank god it's over. Looking round the lake didn't see the opposite bank catching much but the lads on my bank all had a few the scales reached me and I weighed in 9.13lb next Jon fuidge put 11lb on then 14.01 then 2lb then Jamie park house put 14.03 on to win the lake section and match so no pick up for me ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ but look at it another way 4th on lake and overall 2 lakes the other bank and lake fished rock hard with Alvin winning tile lake with 6lb odd and 5lb was top weight on my opposite bank. The only bonus was taking another pound of me 3 pals jonny page mark Thorne and Wayne staples๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ tight lines to everyone hope u had a better day than me next week is round 2 let's hope I can get better section points. Sorry no pics again but they were rubbish wet and miserable pics anyway !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment