Sunday 12 February 2017

Larford classic qualifier/open

Well booked on this match Friday to try and get a feel for the place as never fished it before and I've booked on the golden reel qualifier in April.so left my house at 7 am and turned up bang on 830 to this  lovely today was on specimen lake that's the far lake. It was very cold and a bitter wind was coming left to right. So out of the van and star chatting to the guy parked next to me Jamie Harris (matrix) I was trying to get as much info as poss and he was very helpful. So inside to pay the money and get a brew chatting with the locals and listening mainly!!! Phil briscoe said just sit on the method all day. Everyone wanted to draw 78 where grant allbut (drennan) emptied it from last week with 220 odd pound !!! But it wasn't in 76 was closest so my name got called into the draw I pulled out peg 12 on the burr bank which is not too far from the middle Jamie Harris said you should get a few skimmers there so I was quite keen. This is what I was greeted with.
So set up method rod . Cage feeder and the pole for 13m buy this time the wind was howling through from left to right waves crashing against me platform I just managed to plum up the pole line in the wind and thought I wouldn't fish it unless the wind died down later in the match. 
 My usual organised chaos!!!! I had last weeks winner to my left and his mate a venue regular to my right neither of which had even set up the pole. 
All in was shouted so I looked around a bit and followed suit chucking the method out about 50m the same as grant to my left. The chap on my right was putting a bit of bait in through the cage feeder. Not a lot was happening bit of rain was pounding the left side of me!!! So I started switching hook baits on the method to no avail while grant to my left netted a near on double figure carp and the bloke to my right had a good skimmer and a roach. Well I gotta do something or I'm gonna blank at this rate. It was now about 1 o clock and I hadn't had a sniff. So five small feeders full of gb with a very few dead pinkys and mags in at about 20m then baited the 16 hook with 2 pinkys and a big juicey white!!!! 2 mins and boom tips gone round and I've landed a bream around 2 pound thank god no blank πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
 Goes out again and another one in the net get in I could get used to this!!! So I stuck on that tip line for a couple of hours putting the odd skimmer in the net but they seemed to be getting smaller I also missed a couple of bites and one fell off at the net 😑then as quick as it started it died and couldn't get a bite on it I tried further out left and right a bit but nothing. Between putting the odd skimmer in the net I managed to feed my pole line with a pot of pellet. So was approaching the last hour now and I desperately needed a carp so I tried a 6mm expander on the pole strawberry corn and maggot couldn't get a bite chucked the method out couldn't get a bite so went back out on gb feeder added 1 final small skimmer then couldn't get a bite. All in was called thank god. Scales came to me I put 8.06 pound on them which was a thank you pls try again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ grant before me put 30 pound something on 2 carp and some skimmers his mate to my right then put 8.03 on πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ so I beat someone lol!!! Turned out there was a couple of dnw and a few other weights below mine😁 so not too bad I think Jamie Harris won the match with 35 pound and he landed a 22 pounder near the end. Well done to him and everyone else toaday the weather was testing and must say everyone was quite friendly and open with info. Didn't think I would do well today it was all about learning for april hopefully have another go before then. Don't think I'm fishing next weekend so il give you a rest from my blog !!! Tight lines to all until next time thanks for reading πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

No comments:

Post a Comment