Sunday 9 April 2017

Golden reel qualifier larford lakes

Today was my first golden reel qualifier and 2nd visit to larford lakes. Was just hoping to draw on sum fish.
Was greeted with bright sunshine
 So in to pay the pools and see where everyone wants to draw. Seemed like either end of match lake and close end of specie no one wanted arena lake. 
So got called in to the draw quite early and pulled out 39 match lake 
 Lovely really fancied the peg. On arrival there were a few fish showing near the island and in my right hand margin. So plan was rig for the island with corn or pellet. A slapping rig for shallow half way. And margin rig either side.on the horn i through out a sprinkle of 4mm and big potted some gb and mags in the left margin. For the first 30 mins I was slapping the rig around and pinging a few pellets about to no avail so went on the bottom with 6mm expander where I'd been pinging float buried straight away nice lil skimmer but not what I needed topped up with the cad pot and had a small carp bout 2 pound lovely !!! 
Went in again and not a lot was happening so decided to try my left margin  4 mags went on the hook it was in for 20 seconds then buried so I struck like lunatic for a 4 oz perch to come flying out the water poor lil fella he was ok though swam off into my keepnet in a sulk !! 😂 right what to do next thought I would try long to the island so my ever faithful strawberry corn came out and a few in the cad pot squashed down with some pellet to stop them bouncing out had a liner straight away and then was in again to another small carp around 2 pound . Went over again and the wind picked up making presentation over there difficult. So went back on the expanders down the middle added 2 more skimmers and another small carp. Then that went quiet. Have a look down the right then strawberry corn and 4mms cad potted in and I was in straight away to a slightly better fish around 4 pound. Then had a run of 3 more smaller carp then foul hooked one and that line died. So from then on just kept rotating my lines for the rest of the day picking off odd fish nothing massive all carp between 2 and 4 pound nice days fish in the last 30 mins down the middle was solid with fish but was too late. I lost one just before the horn right at the net 😡😡. People around me didn't seem to be catching much so thought I may have scraped a section at the scales I put 57.04 on which was a nice days fishing the bloke to my left did 27 pound and the bloke to my right dnw further round the bay to my left was 40 pound and opposite me did 59 pound for a section win not sure what section I was in but think my 10 peg section was won with 100 pound. But the match and specie lake had fished hard. With the top 5 weights coming from arena lake where no one wanted !!!! The winner had 200.03.all in all a nice day taking a pound of the bait tech bagger tom downing and rubbing shoulders with some of the best match anglers in the country like Andy power Jamie Hughes and perry stone. And not embarrassing my self 😂 off to the glebe in two weeks to try again bring it on thanks for reading hope everyone had a great day until next time 🐟🐟🐟🎣🎣🎣😃😃😃🤚

No comments:

Post a Comment