Sunday 2 April 2017

Sedges 6th and final round

Well last round today weather looked good lets do it!!! 
Was just hoping for a nice days fishing today because I was out of the running for top 5 so no pressure.
Went in to the bucket of dreams pulled 22 tile looked ok but a bit Carpy for my liking!!
 So plan was pellet over pellet at 10m and go further if needed. I put a worm and caster line in top 5 to the right. For company had Alvin jones again to my left so least we would have a laugh and up from him Nigel garret both good anglers. So at the all in I fed gb caster and chop worm to the right and went straight in at 10 m cad pot 4mm and micros and 4mm expander on the hook. Had bites straight away missed a couple dotted my float right down then didn't miss a thing then I caught steady for the first hour hardly feeding a thing had 8 small skimmers and a small tench and a small carp give me the run around Alvin was catching slower but better quality fish 😒.so then the sun got going and like a switch there were carp every even slurping my float cruising right up to the keep net  they just didn't care I had to feed even less than I was already but it didn't matter what ever I did just had carp after carp after carp with the odd skimmer in between. So I thought I'd give the 10m a line a rest see if the carp would move away put a small worm head on went on the top 5 60 seconds float buried and am getting arm ache of a large carp I got it to the net and it came off was a proper munter getting on for 20pound !!!! So just picked away at my 10 m line. Had a good bit of banter with Alvin he was telling me I'm winning the section which I New I wasn't as Alvin fish were all over a pound nearer 2 and big tench he had !!!! Last hour went dead except for carp and was quite burnt by the end. The horn went and Jamie was round with the scales I had 34 skimmers and 1 tench for 18 pound Alvin has then put on 18.11. Cheers then 2 weeks on the trot he's bashed me up from next door !!!! FairPlay to him !!! I came 3rd in section only just beating Nigel garret. Shane pope from Weston had the best weight on tile lake 21 pound +. On to brick lake me mate Sam Johnson was filling in for Wayne he managed to win his section off peg 5 with 20 something pounds my other mate mark Thorne who had been in top form of late and has definitely worked out the silvers at sedges was sandwiched between jonny page and bob gullick tough section but FairPlay to the lad he smashed them both up winning the match again with 34 pound giving him 2nd overall in the series well done mate !!! Jamie parkhouse managed to draw in a section of 2 with him and ziggy and ended up winning the series. Herd ziggy got bored and started slapping for carp πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚jonny page came 3rd overall Alvin jones 4th and Ron stark 5th well done to all. I had to give Sam Johnson mark Thorne and jonny page a nugget as they all beat me again. Il be back !!!!never mind hopefully il draw a peg with that many carp in next week where il be entering my first big money qualifier of the year golden reel at larford lakes . Hope every one had a good day thanks for reading🐟🐟🐟🐟🎣🎣🎣🎣

No comments:

Post a Comment