Sunday 29 April 2018

Viaduct cambell psv

Couldn’t wait to get on this match as never fished cambell the times I’ve been to viaduct always been on Cary with a gloomy day ahead and a bit of breeze heading down towards 132 it all looked very good bit of banter with the lads and a few side bets placed really fancied it for a few. Anyway into the draw and I pulled out 129 ??? Someone said good peg on the spit lovely 


Had a lovely edge and a nice chunk of open water plan was bomb and pellet towards pump with pellet wag over top if needed short meat line in front and pellet over pellet with more pellet down the left!!! At the all in I was just about ready and I thought I would try the short line first so cad potted in some meat and sat on it while pinging pellets on my other lines. I was straight into a skimmer just shy of a pound !! Second chuck another. While this was happening bloke on my right was playing a bomb fish so I chucked mine and it’s wrapped round and round and round I probably put 30 pound in net first half hour thought I was gonna empty it still getting regular bites in the second half hour and there were fish shallow out there now so chucked pellet wag and had 1 straight away then nothing so noticed some bubbles on the meat line had a look and was rewarded with a nice plump double then more skimmers. So went down the left with banded 8mm first drop 3 pound skimmers 😬😬😬 what to do??? I think in hindsight I should of just stuck on 1 of my lines but I kept chopping and changing things up which cost me in the end anyway last hour and they were there on the meat line but my lack of viaduct experience caught me out a bit but I learnt a lot today!!! I finished up with 134 pound ish I think 11 pound of silvers so not bad for first attempt that got me 4th overall which would of been section by default but I got 2nd silvers which was more money so should of stuck it out for silvers really as 12 pound won the silvers and I dropped a 3 pound skimmer at the net 😱😱 never mind an enjoyable day and a learner and caught a few had to give chris zsacks a nugget and big Ryan won a double or quits off me them too being 2nd and 3rd 😱😱😬😬😂😂 but all was not lost as took a lovely pound of the one and only Alan Healy cheers des !!!!! Really enjoyed it today awesome fishery can’t wait to get back might hit a few opens down there (pools fodder) Craig Edmunds smashed the open again down there today with 244 pound I think from Cary and catchy bait owner won silvers with 40 odd pound 👍👍👍 thanks for reading this time next week I will be a married man 😁😁😁 hope everyone had a great weekend 👍👍

2 comments:

  1. ever tried mussels? the frozen pre cooked ones from the supermarkets ,Carp absolutely love them .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can’t say I have mate but carp are greedy creatures have u ever used haribo tangfastic !!!!👍👍👍

      Delete