Friday 9 June 2017

Acorn evening match 6

Well after last weeks win was keen as mustard to get back to the lovely acorn fishery shame the traffic was a mare but made it in the end with a few mins to spare. Wasn't to sure how it would fish but plan was simple fish maggot and gb down the edges and trusty caster at top 5. 12 fishing tonight so not the great turn out of last week but still a nice lil comp plenty of space.couple of lads I know Lewis one leg jones was helped to his peg by his mate. And lee Phillips and the regular crowd pretty much!!!! In to the draw and I've pulled peg 12 where I drew in the 1st match and got battered either side by bartman and paul Nichols.hopefully do better Lewis jones drew the peg I won from last week so was a bit worried as he's been known to catch a few round the south west !!!!!!
 Weather didn't know what it was doing wind rain sun everything was in the mix. At the all in I've fed my lines pinged a few caster. And gone straight in shallow on the caster I did this as there seemed to be fish around but I was biteless for ten mins until I swung in a lil roach not what I was after I should of left it and fished the edges first but there was signs of fish so I perserveered on the caster shallow line. Started getting the odd fish but dangerous dan on 10 was having a few on the method !!!! By the first hour I probably had 20 pound they didn't seem to want it but they were there so I just carried on changing depths from 6 inches all the way to 2ft but when I went deeper just had liners and small roach. Adrian mercato and his lad come and sat behind me for a while so a good chat and laugh and a few more were caught and a couple of foul hookers lost 😑😑😑never mind I went down my edges a few times only getting liners and a couple of foul hookers.in to the last hour now and the wind died and an abundance of scum came and settled infront of me and the carp just seemed to be slurping it off the surface so when in reach I dropped my bait in there mouths or just in front and it was nailed a few times even picked off a nice ghosty that way. Dan seemed to slow down not saw him net much but kev perry on 8 looked like he was bagging. At the all out I guessed on 50 pound but wasn't sure so let adge have a sit and dangle on me pole while I packed up!!! Didn't think I'd be close. But I had to wait till last to find out!!! Thanks toby Parker lol!!! So packed up and followed the weigh in looked like most struggled but everyone caught fish we got round to Lewis jones and he put 67 pound on the scales and I didn't think I had that well done mate I said it's awesome fishing for 3 hours. Then chris fox had 92.13 I definitely didn't have that and then kev perry put 94.12 on to win the match. Then it was my turn i put on 71.01 oz on for 3rd quite happy with that shame I didn't get in the money but oh well. Well done to the two that beat me by a good 20 pound odd and well done to all that fished except pal lee Phillips who had a mare and had to give me another pound πŸ‘ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ cheers mate . Sunday I will be at sedges hoping for a flyer again in the top kit series. 🎣🎣🎣🎣thanks for reading πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
   

No comments:

Post a Comment