Tuesday 13 June 2017

Brief summary sedges top kit and summerlane evening silvers

Right on Sunday it was sedges rnd 2 top kit series was hoping for another flyer in the shape of a corner peg as I won the first round from peg 40. So into the draw peg 35 bang in the middle 😑😑 plan was meat down the left by the tree pellet over pellet in front and all sorts down the right !! Had wind blowing in my face all day making presentation difficult but I soldiered on!!! After hooking the near shelf several times in the first hour pretty much biteless didn't know what to do !!!! As u don't have many options on just a top kit !!! After watching Ron stark have a busy first hour I was tearing my hair out. Tried my edges nothing doing so re plumbed come up the shelf a bit and started throwing pellets regular and started to get a few bites missed one then had a skimmer and a couple of small roach then a carp in the tail !!!!! Just stuck on that line pretty much had a few lifting and dropping they were shallow cos kept getting liners and foul hookers but when I went shallow couldn't get a bite so just kept lifting and dropping in the last 30 mins it was solid but too late I had a nice tench down the edge on punch meat and that was it!!! So I weighed in a pretty poor 33.10 oz for knowhere I didn't hang about paid jonny page a pound and chipped off Jamie cook won off 21. Don't know how many points I got but 5th had 55 pound so guessing around 10th ish out of 20 so onto the next one oh there was no moaning from Jon fuidge this week he was out of hearing range today πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.but he did beat me !!! Well done to all 🎣🎣🎣🎣🐟🐟
So summerlane evening series on Monday night 15 fishing so good turnout won me section last week so was hoping same again I drew peg 7 which is good silvers peg I was happy with that but had a tough section with venue expert mark Thorne on 9 martin hale on 10 shaun partridge on 20 and Martin Silcox on 10. Good banter flying round all evening at the all in I wasn't ready I set up 2 rigs and wanted to set feeder up but didn't cos lack of time that was my first mistake !!!
Then I've sat on expanders for 20 mins missed a couple bites second mistake!!!
Then went on my gb worm and caster line had nice perch lovely then some small roach and finally a proper skimmer but couldn't keep them coming I've had a couple more eventually between landing and losing some big carp !!! Then the eels moved in foul hooked one then one in the mouth and then lost one to the silt 😑😑hopefully my few bits would be enough 😱😱😱🀞🀞🀞but it wasn't Martin hale won the match with 10 pound odd mark had 9 odd shaun pipped me by 10 oz I think so I only beat one in my five pegs with 7.3 😑😑😑oh well that's my dropper but learnt a bit for 2 weeks Time thanks to golly who lent me a bag of gb and dan and gav at fishing tackle warehouse for the quality serviceπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œalso thanks to matt Thomas for another pound and lee Phillips but had to give one to the summerlane smasher mark Thorne !!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚thanks for reading onwards and upwards might go acorn Thursday night but not sure as going Evesham Sunday for a nice change on the Wychavon qualifier bit of river fishing hopefully fluke a result would be nice 😜😜

No comments:

Post a Comment