Tuesday 6 June 2017

Weston aa summerlane evening sweep series rnd 1

Well 14 of Weston's finest turned up eventually for the draw there was talk of which flyers everyone wanted and some good banter flying round the car park. I sneaked into the draw fairly early hoping for 1.10.11.18 or 13 as these are the flyers usually.
I pulled 12 😫😫😫got to the peg and wind and rain was howling in to it in my face there was trees coming down and floating around everywhere. Only bonus was only 4 in my section so 3 to beat. Thought it was just gonna be one rod job but with wind blowing in left hand edge looked good. So just set up one rig for 2 spots one at top 5 and a half and one 14.5 m and the method. At the allin I fed both pole lines sparingly short one pellet and corn long one meat. So went in on the short one single corn and thought I would sit on it for 15 mins 10 mins passed by and out of knowhere float buried struck and a solid lump sat there I thought I was snagged and then the slowest carp in history plodded around my keepnets for 5 mins then surfaced and slipped the net under a plump 10 pound common 😊 lovely!!! So re fed and went long on meat nothing there yet. So came short nothing. Chucked the method out and wind was a pain along with trees had a few chucks nothing so left the rod alone fed pellet and corn long and sat on it fighting with my pole in the wind then eventually had a bite lifted pulled hard right then started shipping back and fish gone hook pulled doh!!😑😑😑re fed tried again had a real quite match no indications oh dear. Sean partridge on my right had 3 small carp and eel and skimmer so thought I was out of the running.  went short after a while had a bite struck fish gone mental played it best I could then ping it was foul hooked I was left with a scale πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ so went long floats gone and boom a nice 8 pounder in net come on !!!!! But that was about it really couldn't see other two pegs but thought me and Sean were close at the all in he had a fish and I thought if he gets it he's beat me  so I'm stood up shouting come off come off πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚low and behold it snagged him in the bush and come off thank god !!!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ at the weigh in my 2 fish gone 18. 10 for the section win Sean put 15 on so that fish would have beat me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚cheers well done to Wayne winning the match with 55 pound and taking a pound off me my 2 fish gave me 3rd place overall and more importantly section win and some side bet pound coins from mark (summerlane)Thorne lee (des) Phillips and new kid on the block matt Thomas πŸ˜‚ FairPlay to everyone who braved the weather and still putting on a good bit of banter !!!!! Roll on Thursday at acorn and Sunday at sedges thanks for reading tight lines 🐟🐟🐟🎣🎣🎣🎣

No comments:

Post a Comment