Monday 21 August 2017

Maver British pole champs hayfield lakes

So I qualified for this a couple of weeks ago and was keen as mustard!!!! But not the 3 half hour drive each way. But it's all experience and you never knowπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Bit of a disappointing turnout as there were supposed to be 72 on the match but only about 45 turned up never mind tho. So into the draw I've gone in early pulled peg 5 ment nothing to me bud did look nice 

I started short at top 6 on 6mm banded on the deck it's buried straight away I thought I'm gonna empty it 😎2nd put in foul hooked one lost it had a couple skimmers on that line but nothing else I still fed and could see some cruising fish so went long slapped an 8mm in front of one and it took it good as gold but it was a big struggle nothing I tried worked I continued slapping for while and was plagued with roach so could see signs down my two edge lines one short and one long so went on these could not hook a fish so frustrating they were there and I couldn't hit them this has only happened to me twice before acorn and trinity  I didn't know what to do and time was running out I couldn't get a bite I did foul hook and lost a couple that was it tho horn blew behind me and made me jump I was gonna tip back but the scales men where like u gotta weigh in so I put a pathetic 17 pound on the scales. Rob Wooten won my section with 76 pound. So  it was a big thanks for coming 😱😱😱😱never mind just to say what a great venue and staff. I have enjoyed the experience and learnt a bit so onwards and upwards really gonna try and hit a few more big matches next year try and chase the dream I have fished 3 qualifiers this year and enjoyed every single one of them meeting some of the top names in angling and have to say everyone I spoke to all gentleman πŸ‘πŸ‘ well done to local lad mark wynne on coming 3rd awesome result πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ worst bit was the drive home and the funniest bit was the maver match this song listen out for it when u see the final πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ sedges top kit final Monday so hopefully nurse my wounds there if not I might just tie sum bricks to me feet and jump in πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘thanks for reading and to all the whisperers your right I'm shit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 comments:

  1. Good on you mate, gotta be in it to win it, even if you (we + other dreamers) don't have the talents of others, a great chunck of luck may well come your way. Stick at it fella, you just never know.
    2018 I will be trying just that little bit harder....

    ReplyDelete
  2. matt you done the hard bit and qualified!!!! don't listen to whisperers or you will never get anywhere! just goes to show if you do the right thing on the right day anyone can win regardless of the competition !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys I will never give up and hopefully get better and better πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete