Saturday 7 July 2018

Summerhayes summerlane acorn 3in1

First up I been so busy and not really had time to write a blog. Anyway I booked on to summerhayes  short notice with the psv club who were on longs lake I’d quite fancied a visit as not been in a couple of years so I was in managed to get pagey and Simon on aswell. Had a few side bets lined up Adam Ryan Chris zsacks Alan Healy Simon and pagey wanted his fiver back so it was all to play for into the draw I pulled 2 out pagey said il have ine so he grabbed one then I asked if he wanted to swap so he did then we opened I had 32 he had 4 he wasn’t happy I’ve never drew that bank so wasn’t sure what to expect on arrival I was faced with 16m across and a bit over grown down edges with an empty peg either side I decided to chuck method around for an hour which was ok having 8 small carp in the first hour then losing a couple it died I’d fed some go and been pinging casters over it down the middle had 1 on it straight away then nothing kept trying my edges to no avail then it just proper died on all lines un deterred I upped the amount of caster I was throwing in and more regular ready for last two hours was just seeing signs of a few fish there and then it absolutely peed down for a good hour in that hour I caught nothing again😒😒😒 it absolutely killed my caster shallow line so went down edges nothing finished off with 3 or 4 on the caster shallow I think if it hadn’t of rained I would of had a solid 2 hours but it just wasn’t to be 😳😳😒😒 whole lake had fished hard by the sound of things and the truth was told at the weigh in there was 2 weights of 40 odd pound a few 30s then me 29 pound what a strange day πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” was expecting to empty it as were most 
Never mind I paid my pounds out collected my diver off pagey and poundoff Simon and Adam !!!!
Onto the penultimate rnd of summerlane evening sweeps over all weight so a flyer was needed as I was sat joint top with Thorney and I wasn’t disappointed drew peg 1 

Plan was method to reeds and pole 12m down the left edge first hour went on tip only landing one small carp was just hoping my edge came good which thankfully it did as Thorney was on flyer 18 new I needed a few had a steady last 2 hours putting odd carp in the net a good skimmer and eel.
Walked the section and match with 61 pound but Thorney got second in section meaning he’s only 1 point behind me now 😬😬 going into final rnd Monday silvers only 


So on to Thursday missed a couple of these and the fish haven’t been there usual selves but with only 11 or 12 on was hoping they would have it usual banter before the draw with the boys and I pulled peg 7 
I decided to chuck a mini method to corner of island first 10 mins had one and lost one fed my edges and caster top 6 but on first throw of caster there were fish there so spent 2hrs 45 mins on this pretty much getting one a bung I lost a few until I sorted my hook out which cost me a bit of time but had a really busy enjoyable match.
I put 125lb on the scales but I was a bit worried as I had a 4 pounder jump clean outta my keepnets and that definitely cost me the Win as matt roden won the match with 127 lb but FairPlay to him I will definitely be keeping my nets up higher or covering them in future !!!!!  Still a great night πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment