Friday 12 May 2017

Acorn evening match 2

Needed to try again after getting battered last week!!
So got to the fishery and paul Nichols was being cruel to some maggots so I decided to follow suit with the kettle and half a pint of mixed !!! No sam Johnson this week or lee Phillips so I asked Ivan currie if he wanted a pound. Mark Bartlett didn't fish this week but turned up at the draw I pulled out peg 7 ment nothing to me but spoke to Mark who was quite helpful. Plan was fish across with dead mag or worm over gb. Bottom of far shelf with expander and right and left edge. 
 

There was a match on in the day before ours and the winning weight was 80 pound odd. At the all in didn't do a lot I put 6 expanders in the cad pot one on the hook and went in bottom of far shelf. No bites were fourth coming but while I was waiting fed the edge by hand and were signs of fish there straight away thought I would leave it to try over tight let them gain confidence. After a missed bite then a hook pull I finally had one in the net I picked of two others across but was taking too long Ivan currie was heading off for another net and every time I looked left could see paul Nichols elastic stretching !!! There were fish cruising all over the place they were not shy even coming right up to my keep net so I dropped an expander in front of one and it ripped off. Lovely 😊 then time for the edge  first drop and I'm in played it gently on the white hydro feeding the edge whilst playing the fish had a nice little run of fish from there then they became quite finicky so for the rest of the match mugged a few more had 1 or two from across and down my right edge scraped one out of the left edge also!! It was now getting dark and Toby arrived to do the weighing he was ment to be fishing but child care issues!!! Any way Ivan on the golden peg this week weighed 3 oz under a ton I haven't got that so I'm down a pound 😱again !!!!! I weighed in 53 pound so an improvement from last week but know where near enough as the place has fished crazy with winner had 145 pound ish and the top 4 all over a ton Ivan was 5th with 99 pound  then I was 6th only beating 2 so not great but better than last week getting there hopefully!!!!on Sunday it's the 1st round of sedges top kit series hope for some good draws that I can mess up!!! Or start getting some better results under my belt again πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸŽ£
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment