Monday 1 May 2017

Shiplate main lake open (mon)

Today I managed to book on the shiplate open which was full with 19 anglers. Venue regulars steve Howell and golly were in attendance as usual and the banter was top notch from the off. The lake fished a little hard the day before so was not expecting great weights a good draw would be needed.
I managed to be first in the bucket and pulled out peg 2  I've never been on this peg but fancied it for a few
 I had lots of reachable island but with the levels down was not enough water there πŸ™πŸ™ for the 1st hour I've gone in gently just cad potting in a lil pellet and corn in spots across but with no bites thought I'd chuck the bomb to the far right of island near the rope. I had Pete sivel on 1 so good company and banter there and he said was time for a brew!!! So I poured one and the tips flown round nice scrappy for pounder. Then nothing. I fed a bit of worm and 4mm at top 6 so thought I would have a look on this 2nd drop and it's buried nice little skimmer 1 pound 2 oz I know this because this was the only fish off this line and my only silver. Pete in peg 1 was catching steady on the tip and I couldn't get a bite anywhere so I phoned titch because he was in the peg the day before and had a few he gave me some info and I did that re plumbed an area and went in on the paste fired some pellet in catty and it buried heading for Pete under the rope but I got it in eventually. Nice carp around 6 pound. But wind picked up a bit and weather went strange so struggled to present the bait over there properly now. Kept trying the edges but got ducked geesed and then the mother of all strange birds started having a bath and splash in my left margin and then proceeded to laugh at me bloody thing !!!!😑😑what am I gonna do bout 45 mins left and I've struggled all day I set up a small online gb feeder put some soaked 4mm and strawberry corn in with s corn on hook and chucked it to the far right again poured a brew and it's ripped round lovely Pete even give me a clap 20 mins left and it's gone again come on finish on high !!! Then I had to wait 5 mins left and re chucked saying pls go round pls go round the all out was called picked up the rod and there was fish on bargain thought it was fouled so played it gently but it was in the mouth lovely.
 Didn't no what else had gone on but thought the whole lake had fished hard as Dominic Sullivan had chipped off early and I could hear some moaning from the left the scales reached me and firstly I asked how lee Phillips had done and steve Howell as we had a pound on it and those to were last seen sprinting to 14b and 15 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ lee had 34 pound and steve had 20 well I've done steve so that's a pound cheers bud I said to carol il be close with lee and I was 32 pound twice he's done me at shiplate well done mate !! Jonny page also tipped back and made a sharp exit and give me a nugget πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so I've came 5th out of 19 not too bad I feel my peg was worth more probably should of framed needed two more carp as 3rd had 42 pound Pete won the match with 107 pound I think well done to all and I nice day out thanks for reading until next time tight lines πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

No comments:

Post a Comment