Friday 15 June 2018

Acorn evening match

Arrived at the fishery in plenty of time only 13 booked on so plenty of space!!and one no show mentioning no names matt roden!!hope all is well πŸ‘Into the draw pulled peg 9 but I thought it was 6 then realised what a muppet πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ anyway they all say 9 is a flyer so was quite happy till I got there wind ploughing waves through the peg from right to left could of surfed it!!!!!

Plan was paste short caster shallow and a mini method rod for the point as it was so windy at the all in fed my lines and went on the paste within 5 mins I was into a skimmer then another then a roach then a carp finally but hook pulled snapped my only set up paste float 😱😱😑😑 I was gonna chuck the method out and set up another up but thought I’d have a little look on the caster line first then had a steady hour putting the odd fish in the net but all smallish fish f1s mainly to 2 pound with a dog roach and some skimmers in between the f1s. Strange as last year I was catching some big carp on the caster but they don’t seem to want it this year 😒😒 I could see fizzing on my paste line so chucked method set up another rig and went on it I had one bite on method but missed it as was faffing with my new paste rig when I finally got it in had a nice spell catching a good tench more skimmers and a couple of small carp but lost a couple and it died so finished the match with 3 more f1s on the caster. Lots of fish all small tho put my rigs away then headed to van to get jumper spoke to mark bromsgrove he said he had 60 pound ish I thought I had around 50 😱😱 looked over to high 30s and mike chapman playing a fish Mark said he packed his rigs away and looked up and mike was still fishing down his edge so I shouted over we’ve finished then mike shouts FISH ON like I was the whistle πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ anyway packed away shaking my head and then started weighing mark bromsgrove done me by 8 poundish of peg 7 I had 60 pound dead off 9 chap called Adam had 31 odd off 11 then round to Thorney to see how the pound was looking I new he had a few but he was saying 30 pound on the wind up but he had 50.8 so I smiled and proceeded to give him a load πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 3 in a row cheers Thorney I also asked him where he was Sunday as I needed more money πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ he took it well as always tho πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ then onto my other side bet good old walshy he seemed pissed off getting bitted out on the paste but he also had to give me a poundπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ that’s another 3 in a row but he’s a good sport and I’m sure il have to give all these pounds back sooner or later!!! All the way round I was second dangerous dan beat Toby for there pound bet then it was Lewis Jones who I challenged to a pound but he declined thank god has he pissed the match really with 87 pound odd then Titch on his first visit to the fishery had 46.2 πŸ‘ then round to good old mike Mark whispered to me walk past say he’s disqualified so we did then we had a laugh πŸ˜‚ but mike didn’t offer to put a fish back he just smiled and took Mark bromsgroves 2nd place with  69.4 😱😱😱 I think if he would of pushed me out of the money like that I would of had something to say but he didn’t cos I didn’t catch enough so I kept quiet ish anyway and that was that I just can’t catch big fish there at the minute but regardless I had a good evening and probably caught more fish than most estimated 30-40 fish in total but tiddlers πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ there all a good bunch of lads down there and always enjoy it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ thanks for reading πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ£πŸŽ£

No comments:

Post a Comment