Tuesday 12 June 2018

Weston aa evening sweeps rnd 2

Well missing round 1 last Monday being on holiday that’s my dropper for the series gone so needed a good result but with the series being 1 week everything counts 1 week silvers only I missed a carp round where I feel I’m stronger but these matches are usually a good crack weather the fish play ball is another story!!! Anyway arrived in plenty of time and was a boiling hot bright sunshine and no wind so was very doubtful of catching much so into the draw peg 8 comes out usually a good area for silvers 😁but plan was to fill in a short line with worm caster for some eels if I was struggling gb worm and caster at 13m at 11oclock and micros and expander at 2 o’clock at the all in fed my lines and chucked out small method with white bandem which the skimmers seem to like there 2nd chuck had a liner was feeling confident 3rd chuck some kids came along and chucked a massive rock in on the feeder line 😑😑😑😑 so they got a mouthful of obscenities(park lake fishing)!!!and tried the short line only to have one roach in 10 mins buy this time I could see my 13m lines bubbling so went on the Gb first it didn’t take long and I netted a nice skimmer around a pound 😊😊 bargain then a roach then it was slow so kept trying the other lines and resting it trying to get the fish to settle and the middle hour of the match I put a few together not fast and furious but some lovely bites. I looked round and Shawn kitteridge was sat behind with his camera πŸ“· 


I had a call from sensas Sam Johnson and I gave him the old I’m struggling only got 2 roach πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ he was saying the same but 2 small skimmers but Sam loves to tell a porky or two πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I couldn’t see many but most were struggling so I was told. So with my many £1 side bets I just got my head down trying to pick off the odd fish last hour was a real struggle only putting one skimmer in the net as they seemed to have moved down to Jerry day on 9 who had 4 skimmers in the end and many carp πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but my peg was still fizzing it was frustrating at times but had a great evening with some good lads I’m really enjoying my fishing at the moment and that’s what it’s all about at the weigh in we had some good banter dangerous Dave Collins won the match with 12lb+ I came second with 11 lb + but got the all important section win πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜‚ 
Think he was more chuffed with winning the quits on a double or quits πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ well done mate 

There’s a little video of the weigh in on match fishing south west fb page and on the Weston aa page .was a good evening Lee des Phillips scraped his section with 3pound off flyer peg 1 also unfortunately I missed the weighing of Lee and dangerous Dave !!!but I enjoyed collecting my nuggets off the lads 😜😜 thanks for reading I’m at acorn Thursday evening and trying to get a pass for Sunday but don’t know where to go yet ???

No comments:

Post a Comment