Friday 22 June 2018

Todber hillview Weston aa away day

Been dying to get to this prolific venue after seeing the results every week!! And finally we did. We had bright sunshine and wind !!!
On the way we stopped off at Skevys cafe which was quite good when the food came but there was only 2 of them trying to sort 25 lads !!!on arrival stopped at the tackle shop and was very impressed the staff were helpful and friendly we drew at the cafe and not ever seeing the lake didn’t know what to expect didn’t really care it was all about having a nice day!!so I pulled 43 I herd 49 was a good peg so thought I wasn’t far away but it was on the far section of the lake 😂😂 . I was slightly disappointed with my peg as no island chuck and my peg was facing down to the corner!!! For company to my left i had Paul Hawkins who was really quiet (which was strange 😜) and Titch (pink gin squad) Williams to my right it was pretty quiet while setting up then guess who ?? Local bait ledgend Tom thick and Lewis jones and my peg was facing the pair of them I thought well if I didn’t catch much least I could watch these two😎.

The pic don’t do it justice the wind was coming hard from right to left making presentation on the pole difficult. First hour I’ve struggled to present anything properly.but from the off I was pinging in some 6mms at 18m just for something to do if it was hard or whatever!! After an hour of watching Lewis have one a bung on the tip I gently chucked out the bomb and it went round slow and steady all little pasties pulling the rod off the rest mind had a carrasio aswell !! But after giving Simon Ryall a load as he kept losing fish I lost a few but his new name is beachcaster Barry !!! So I shortened my hook length and started to land them but I wasnt going anywhere fast tom was catching steady on his shallow rig now and looked like I was gonna get proper bashed up !!!  But I kept feeding and trying my edges and other lines for nothing really then the tip line went dead and the wind dropped a little bit so got my head down went on me pellet line I was feeding by hand all day with 6s I was getting weird bites and losing fish and tearing my hair out switched up to an 8mm then had a nice run off fish soon as I hooked one I threw a small handful of 6s in the water as hard as I could to make the noise I now call this technique the slam dunk 😜😂. I had a steady last two hours catching in spells but all small fish mainly pounders and I’ve not seen a fish over 2 pound!!! Through out the day we’ve had loadsa banter me tom Lewis and Titch all giving each other a load Lewis is now the carrasio kid !!! He could only catch one or two then nothing and they got funny mouths 😂😂 he told us many times through out the day.had a few side bets on the day as it’s away day had a fiver with Billy no mates Jonny page who drew down the bottom on his own no wind 😂😂 cheers Jonny had another fiver with Matt Thomas who drew the flier 49 and won the match with 130 ish I think musta been solid 😜
Well done 👍 pound with tom thick I scraped that one by a pound Paul Hawkins cheers mate dan Latimer cheers mate I had to give one to beachcaster Barry but took one off peanut who won the silvers with 30 pound  cheers mate then it was round to Thorney I’ve had 4 in a row was it gonna be five course it was 😂😂 des Phillips had to give me one also 😂😂 had more side bets than pellets on me tray 😱😱 I only weighed 71 pound but probably had 65 fish so a nice day. After the match we went to the crown just up the road for results and grub and more banter I think I was crying with laughter at one stage!!! Peanut won silvers Jerry day won his section 80 ish pound Lewis won my section with 90 odd and mattthomas won the match well done to all and thanks for reading can’t wait to go there again awesome fishery 😊👍👍👍 thanks to everyone for the laughs on the day and thanks for reading 👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment